October 2, 2014

Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment

Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Hey everyone! Charlotte here to share some of the photos that I took at the Remembering WWII event this past weekend. I was SO stoked when Jessica Courter asked me to help out with the photography at the reenactment! Today I am going to share with you some frames that I snapped when we were helping set up early morning for the USO show, and during the battle reenactment (which was Ah-mazing!!) Get ready for photo overload! :D
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
IMG_6202Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment
Remembering WWII // Prep & Battle Reenactment

Which photo is your favorite?

xoxo,
-Charlotte

CREDITS // Author & Photography: Charlotte Boyer; Photos edited with VSCO Film Presets

20 comments:

  1. Woah!! That's SO cool! I wish I could have gone! I've gone as a spectator to a WWII reenactment in PA and it was really awesome! I'm a Civil War reenactor but I also want to get involved in WWII reenacting! Love the pictures!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really like the photographs that are sepia! One can't really have a bad photo overload!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, everything looks so neat! The 1940's is my favorite era, so I'm gushing over all the details over here. So glad you're posting so much about the event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these photos! They made it look so authentic.--like stepping back into the '40s!

    dance a real

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks like so much fun!!! I love how everyone looks in their '40's attire! (I was having Captain America flashbacks too. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so hard to say which picture is a favorite! They are all interesting. The composition on the one with the German kneeling is probably one of my favorites though! I like the way you edited it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, looks like a lot of hard work went into making this a wonderful event. Thank you for posting the pictures. Congratulations on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my favorite was the one of the ladies and boys walking down the road! LOVE the dresses and makeup! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photos that look like they came straight from the forties! Beautiful photograghy Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ben Arnold10/02/2014

    You ladies did a wonderful job, the reenactment was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies..... Stunning pictures, splendid post, amazing memories!!!!
    My favorite picture has to be #14 the one of Esther and Valorie at registration! It looks so authentic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos!!! It looks like so much fun! I love the picture of the lady with the little boy walking away from the recruiting station. She looks like she stepped right out of the 1940s. Wonderful photography!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos! I like the b&w pics in the recruitment station - they look authentic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots! So authentic looking; I can't really choose a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous pictures, Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damaris10/03/2014

    I am amazed about how much effort everyone put in this reenactment, it really looks real. Love the ladies' outfits and can't wait to see yours! Being a German it is quite disturbing to see people playing war and even hanging up a swastika flag... But I guess that's how you feel when your country's history sticks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing them. :)
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  18. WWII and everything that led up to it is such an important thing to remember. Even now, with all of the WWII documentaries on TV, people are still forgetting what went on and we are seeing the same things start to reappear now. I would love to have been there, it looked absolutely amazing! And I absolutely fell in love with the strapping young man in the sailor suit. :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. gasp! oh charlotte! i sooo enjoyed all of these absolutely wonderful shots. thank you all the way to heaven and back for sharing them WOW.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous10/08/2014

    I really enjoyed seeing your photos! I saw many familiar faces. :) Looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!