
Hey all! Today I have some fun "behind-the-scenes" snapshots to share of our prep-work for the Remembering WWII event down in Linden, TN this weekend! Wait... did I just say this weekend?! Squeeeee!!! Ok, now that I have let my five year-old squeal out, let's move on, shall we? :)





SO MUCH sewing has been happing. Zipper insertions, hemming, and adding those finishing touches to our everyday and performance gowns. It's been so much fun seeing all the dreams that we had stored up months ago unfolding before our eyes!



Oh, and lots of accessory and make-up shopping has been happening too. A book store that is unfortunately closing down in our local town, is having a huge inventory sale, and they just so happen to have some little vintage nic-nacs in their basement that we Boyer ladies scoured through and found some fabulous vintage hats.
We girls have been tapping our toes and breaking our hearts these past few days to a new playlist that I found and customized on Spotify, which is composed of popular WWII songs. Oh. My. It's fabulous :D Also, I found my new favorite soloist: Martha Tilton. Yes, I will be adding many of her songs to my soloist repertoire before long... :) There are several darling tunes and love songs that we girls simply adore and know you all will love too!
To those who we will be seeing this Friday and Saturday: WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU :D
To those who we won't be seeing this Friday and Saturday: Well, just wait in wild anticipation for some awesome Remembering WWII recap posts soon soon! :) Also, we aren't slacking on our blog schedule this weekend either, so you'll still be getting your daily dose of BFS ;)
Also, today is the last day to enter our A Pocket of Whimsy Giveaway! Go and enter while you still can!
xoxo,
-Charlotte
CREDITS // Author & Photography: Charlotte Boyer; Photos edited with VSCO Film Presets.
Okay, I seriously LOVE that outfit in Picture 6! It's adorable! <3
ReplyDeleteYay! I cant wait to see the up coming posts. Wish i could be there. Ladies, the excitement and happy hustle and bustle is very evident and i wish you all the best. These picture clearly translate the happy promise of a grand and exciting adventure.
ReplyDeleteI love these photos! So bright and airy and full of anticipation. Will be praying for you all. Have the best time!!!!
-Abigail
Oh, you girls must be so, so excited! I can just feel the buzz of excitement in this post :) I'm expecting a nice, meaty post all about your adventures when you get back!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could go! It looks like you're having so much fun preparing for it. :)
ReplyDeleteWe'll be there! We just recently made the decision to travel down for the event, so I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person! :-) See you soon!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness gracious! Yay! We are so looking forward to meeting you too, Lily!
DeleteSee you on Saturday!
Brigid
the Middle Sister and Singer
<3 So exciting! And I must say -- each of these photos are SO good; you have such a good photographer (Charlotte?) on hand! X
ReplyDeleteWow, what an exciting opportunity!! I hope it goes well for you all, and that you have a wonderful time! =)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, will your family be at the National Bible Bee, by any chance? (I know it is so very expensive this year...)
Hi Rosie,
DeleteYes we will be volunteering at Nationals again this year (surprise, surprise!). Will you be there?
Blessings,
Brigid
the Middle Sister and Singer
Can't wait to see what you have to share from the event in Linden! Great photos featuring your preparation, too!
ReplyDeleteA song to add to your playlist: I'm Stepping Out with a Memory Tonight sung by the adorable Helen O'connell. It's so war-timey and quintessentially 1940s. :) I'm not able to make it, but hopefully your post on the event will fill me in. Hope you guys have fun! (how could you not?) ;)
ReplyDelete