August 16, 2014

Classy on Sunday // Pink & Lace

Classy on Sunday // Pink & Lace
Hello Dears! Today has been busy, and it doesn't look like the busy-ness is going to get less as the week rolls on, on account of how crazy it has been around here, especially in regards to singing (if you want to keep updated on that, go and like our Facebook singing page here). But I am so excited to see what the Lord will work in the next few weeks and months, and where on earth He will take us!

Classy on Sunday // Pink & Lace
Last week I decided to wear a skirt that had been sitting in my repair pile for awhile, needing its bells to be taken off (yes, this skirt was trimmed with bells. For a Christmas festival my sisters and I sang at). I was trying to figure out what blouse to wear with it, since I had only two to choose between: a plain cotton or this lace one. Obviously I chose the lace blouse since it was dressier for Church, and I just like the idea of pink and lace together, plus the fit of my other blouse was a bit poofier and would have made my outfit, um... too poofy. :P
Classy on Sunday // Pink & Lace
Blouse: Thrifted, F21 // Skirt: me-made // Shoes: Kohl's // 
Purse: Thrifted // Necklace: gift // Earrings: Borrowed from Mom
Classy on Sunday // Pink & Lace
Mom let me borrow a pair of earrings that Dad gave her, since they went so well with my outfit. I love those earrings, so I was pretty happy she let me borrow them! You can click on the link in the outfit description if you want to see the Etsy shop they came from.
Classy on Sunday // Pink & Lace
Classy on Sunday // Pink & Lace
I don't know why, but all of a sudden I feel worried about what's coming next in our singing. I almost feel as if we've forgotten something important, or that we're not prepared. We would so appreciate your prayers in the coming weeks, as we are stepping out into an area of our singing that we have never before experienced. Pray for guidance, perseverance, and grace, as it's going to be one bumpy, joyful ride if my thoughts are correct.

Have any new changes or experiences come into your life recently?
What helps you get through a crazy time?
What have you worn recently for Church?

May you have a blessed rest of your weekend, and a lovely Lord's day filled with fellowship, worship and glory to His Name.

Blessings,

Brigid
the Middle Sister and Singer

16 comments:

  1. Sending prayers to you girls as y'all embark on a new chapter of life! ♥ Love this outfit. The shade of pink looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for a sense of calm for you and for God's blessing in your singing endeavors :) When I'm going through a really crazy busy time (like this spring), sometimes just sitting down and taking a few deep breaths helps. I love sitting and reading the words to hymns out of an old hymnal when I need a breather. So soothing. I'll be thinking of all of you as you go through this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the last photo is the most beautiful photo I have ever seen of you, Brigid! Your smile looks genuinely happy, despite any worries you may have over your singing. I wouldn't worry too hard over it; you've got Jesus, so you'll be okay no matter what life may bring. :)
    <3 Victoria Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty outfit! I love the lace top!!

    Blessings,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty and feminine look Brigid! I love the colors of your outfit. Praying for peace for you girls during this busy time!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! Pink is my favorite color!

    Would you mind answering this from the Fresh Modesty Blog? I would like you all's opinion. (And that of your parents, if you all don't mind too much)

    AnonymousAugust 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM
    This is cute... I am a triathlete, this would not work for a race or even swimming laps...what would you do?
    Thanks, Lilly.

    Reply
    Replies

    AnonymousAugust 15, 2014 at 7:49 PM
    Agreed. I'm a competitive swimmer and I can't imagine doing flip turns or laps in something like this. It's cute for casual wear, though.

    Rose


    AnonymousAugust 16, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    Definitely! I'm also a triathlete...what do you all wear in the pool/in competitions? I wear Speedo Endurance swim suits,and then a skirt and tankini top for casual wear. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rosey,

      We looked over the comments you copied and pasted, and we all agree (including our parents) that since we are not competitive swimmers we have no authority to say anything, and thus don't really have an objective opinion on this subject. Sorry.

      Also, this is from a separate blog, so we three really aren't comfortable answering or giving our opinions on a subject we were not invited to openly discuss.

      Thanks anyway for thinking of us!

      Love,

      Jessica
      The eldest sister & singer

      Delete
    2. Gorgeous, as usual! So pretty, and famine. One of my favorite outfits!

      Delete
  7. I simply adore this outfit! The white lace and the simple pink skirt pair perfectly together, and I am in love with the cameo necklace.

    I'll also be thinking and praying for of all three of you! As a performer myself, I can relate to not feeling prepared, and also worries about performances going well.

    Blessings,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. your jewelry is so pretty, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the elegantly lacey top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lace goes so beautifully with the skirt ... I'm a big fan of thrift-stores and wasn't surprised to find out the top was from one! :-) I always find the best stuff from consignment/thrift shopping. Love the necklace, too, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8/18/2014

    http://www.sperrytopsider.com/en/canvas-bahama/10349W.html?ref=canvas&dwvar_10349W_color=9266313#q=canvas&prefn1=genericSizeType&prefv1=W&start=5

    Hey there! Super cute outfit - what is the skirt made of?

    In keeping with the pink theme, how would you style the above shoes for college, with pants and skirts? I just got a pair, and was wondering what the 'rules' would be about them. (can you wear them with a blue shirt? Would a pink shirt be too much pink? Yellow? Shorts, or only capris and jeans?)
    Thanks you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous!

      The skirt is made out of some upholstery fabric that we had in our stash. I think it's called Cire.

      Those shoes are some of the cutest Sperrys I've ever seen. Great choice! We girls have never worn Sperrys, so I'm not exactly certain on the "rules" as far as wearing them. Obviously, with Sperrys, you're going for more of a preppy look. I actually wrote a little bit about the Preppy style in this post, which might help you a bit if that's what you're after: http://boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com/2013/08/finding-your-style-classic-and-preppy.html

      I think you could probably wear those shoes with a blue shirt, and I don't think a pink skirt would be too much pink, as long as it doesn't clash. Yellow might be too springy, so I wouldn't recommend wearing it in the winter unless it's in the form of a scarf. I always think that shorts look awkward with closed toe shoes, but everyone has different opinions as far as that goes. Have fun with it! And there is tons of inspiration out there if you'll look!

      Hope that helped!

      Blessings,

      Brigid
      the Middle Sister and Singer

      Delete
  12. I love your purse! Do you tend to switch bags for your various outfits?

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!