August 23, 2014

Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!

Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!
Hello everyone!
I am so delighted to share this dress with you all today, since it is one of my last Sunday dresses that I have never worn here on our blog! Besides this, there is a great sense of excitement bubbling around our house over the release of our new CD, as you all can imagine!

Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!
Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!
Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!
This dress is probably my absolute favorite Sunday bests, besides this one, and this one, both of which are vintage and this one is not. Ever since I bought this dress at Forever 21, I began to refer to it off-handedly as "my Forever 21 dress", and the long title has stuck in everyones minds since. Kind of a funny thing, but it seems that we each have a particular title for each of our dresses, making it much easier to remember when you ask a sister what dress she is going to wear for Church. Haha!

Now, when the high-low dresses first appeared in the fashion realm about 2 years ago, we three were enthralled by such a unique style of garb, to say the least. Not long after they made their first debut, we were shopping at (guess where) Forever 21 and I found this gorgeous piece of attire. It is ever so light and flowy, hits right at the knee (perfect), and the bodice straps are wide enough for me to be comfortable not wearing a little shrug when the weather turns beastly humid. I'll bet you can guess that the weather has turned on us, since no shrug is covering my shoulders. What can you expect but humid, warm yuck at the end of August?
Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!
Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!
Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!
As for my hair, I put it up in pin curls the day before, slept on it, and then took the pins out in the morning. Because of the humidity that day, my locks were not very cooperative, and so I tried pining them back a bit, and came up with this new style. I don't know about you, but I really like it, especially since it makes me look like I have pinned up long locks of hair rather than short, and that's always fun. :)
Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!
Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!
Dress: Forever 21 // Shoes: Toms // Earrings: Hand-me-down
The dress was completed by my Toms wedges, and some simple jet-black earrings. As I have stated before in other posts, I like to keep my accessories simple when my hair is neatly styled, that way I am not overly showy, and I feel less self conscious.

Speaking of less self conscious, it is so odd going about my day to day life now, knowing that the music we three sing is being listened to by more ears than our six! I don't know how much more self conscious you could be than if your music was being broadcasted to the amount of people ours is today! Amazing, and so unbelievable! This has been one incredible journey the Lord has brought us on! I can't help but wonder what the future is to be like for us. There are so many possibilities, so many more songs we can learn, and best of all, we don't get to choose what will be. Haha, that reminds me of one of my favorite solos (sung by Doris Day) called, Que Sera, Sera, which means, What Will Be, Will Be. I love that song ever so much! It speaks to the times we are in for sure, only for us, what will be will come from God's hand, and from nowhere else! And if you all are wondering, we three don't just sing trio songs, we sing solos too! But like everything else we do, the solos come from our favorite 1940's era, and so they still fit within our repertoire. Pretty fun, eh?
Classy on Sunday // High-Low, Here We Go!
Well my dears, I do hope that you all have lovely Lord's day tomorrow! I am so grateful to you all for your support towards us girls, and it warms my whole being to know that we have such good friends from far away who care about what we are up to, and who willingly give our hard work a good round of applause! Thank you everyone!!! The Lord is so good to have brought us together through this fantastic thing called the internet! To Him be the glory, now and forever more!

Out of the three of my favorite dresses, which one do you like?
Will you pray for the Lord's guiding hand in all that we three pursue?
Did you know that we sing solos?

Ever thankful,

Jessica
The eldest sister & singer

Credits // Author: Jessica Boyer; Photography: Charlotte Boyer; Photos edited with VSCO Film Presets.

22 comments:

  1. I actually love all three of your favorite dresses, but the Forever 21 dress has to be my favorite. I am wildly envious of you girls who can wear high low dresses and skirts, for my legs look terribly awkward in them.
    I have been praying for you girls since I saw the teaser for your CD a while back. I might inquire, are you girls just putting your music out there for people to enjoy, or are you seeking a bit of fame? The road from here on out could get a bit murky, so I shall continue to pray for wisdom and guidance in all you do. :)

    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Victoria!
      To answer your query, let me start by saying that we three are not putting ourselves out there for fame, fortune, or any of those things. Having said that though, it is really not in our power to control what the Lord brings our way. You see, this whole journey has not been because of anything we have done, far from it! We have just been given the right opportunities to sing at places, and ended up meeting the right people. We haven't ever liked the notion of hunting down a recording label, or a name in Hollywood, but what we have advanced upon has come from the Lord. In a sense, He has done all the work. Thus, to put any other fears to rest, let me tell you that if a label does come our way, and the people behind it don't want us to portray ourselves in any suggestive way, or push us into signing a contract that contradicts our family's beliefs in how we ought to live, then we might accept it.

      I hope this answer is sufficient to push aside any confusion. :)

      Thank you for your thoughtfulness, and for your prayers!

      Jessica
      The eldest sister & singer

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8/23/2014

    Jessica, this might be one of my favorite outfits since I started looking at your blog a few months ago! Beautiful! Would you pretty please do a tutorial on this hairstyle? I have shorter, curly hair and would love to have this as an alternative way to style it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous,

      Yes, I have been thinking of beginning a new series on all of the hair styles I do. Thank you for the suggestion, and the sweet comment!

      Love,

      Jessica
      The eldest sister & singer

      Delete
  3. Lovely, Jessica! I adore your hairstyle + those TOMS wedges, too. :) Also, those flowers are beautiful! Is this your backyard? Lovely. All right, have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfectly beautiful outfit Jessica! The dress, the shoes, and the hairstyle! The whole look is so elegant and graceful, but relaxed and summery at the same time! Praying for you ladies in your singing journey.
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, so lovely! To answer your questioned posed at the end, I think this dress is my favorite out of the three you mentioned. Secondly, yes! Indeed I will. And thirdly, I think I did, but had forgotten, since I usually see videos or photos of you singing as a trio. :)
    Blessings!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jessica, this dress is so lovely! And the various colors of the dress look lovely with your coloring.
    As for my favorite of your Sunday dresses, I think I like the Regency one best. But they are all lovely! And I think that your new hairstyle is just beautiful. And I hope that someday---when you actually have a moment to snatch--you will show us how you do your pin curls. :)

    I think that I could have guessed that you girls did solos, but only because I remember glimpsing a video that you shared where you, Jessica, were singing a beautiful Christmas song. (I don't remember which one.)

    By the way, like you, I feel self-conscious if I am too dolled-up with jewelery and such things. I'm not a huge fan of bling--I really like subtle, beautiful, simple jewelry, and if my hair is up and my ears very visible, I like stud earrings rather than dangling ones. (I'm very picky about dangling earrings!)

    And I am so excited for you girls about your CD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that blue 'picnic dress' and the one you are wearing in this post, your 'forever 21' dress. You look gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous outfit. I have to say, of the three dresses you posted, this is my favorite. That high-low hem is so great! I was also extremely inspired by that post that you linked to (the one where you're wearing that blue 70s dress). One of the commenters in the post asked you something about how you could feel comfortable wearing "different" clothes to church. That's something that I think about a lot as I dress in "different" clothes for church. I think that your response was so good! Thank you for those wise words.

    I had no idea that you girls sang solos! I would love to hear them on another album some day. Would you all consider singing stuff by Doris Day or other of those "sister" groups? I have an album that is Perry Como and the Fontaine Sisters, for instance. I love that vintage/swing trio sound and you all have captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, you are just gorgeous! I adore your entire outfit..so cute.

    missabbeynoelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jessica!
    My! You pulled off the high-low style ever so well! Both your hair style and wedged heels I believe did the trick. My thoughts on this new cut of hem have been on the fence, but I truly admire the way your style of dress pulled it off. Such as the perfect and consistent vibrancy of the print AND the fact that it covers your knees. OH! And the ruffle is ever so much nicer than a strait hem.I think I may just be up for one of these new trendy pieces now! :)

    I am so very exited and blessed that you ladies got your CD completed!
    Our week has been quite a ruckus so I have only had a limited amount of time for pleasure (aka internet time) but I wanted to be sure to give my happiness and joy your way! This is such a wonderful, wonderful step in your singing lives! I look forward to blasting your voices through our house as soon as a copy arrives! :)

    Cassie
    the elder sister

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this dress and your 70's dress the best, I believe :) This looks LOVELY on you, and your hair complements the soft flow perfectly.

    I did think you three sang alone at times, but I didn't think you did very often. I'd love for your next CD (haha, already talking about the next one! I hope someday I get to hear your first!) to feature solos by you three ladies. :)

    dance a real

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL DRESS! I totally want one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Out of your three favorite dresses, the regency one and this one are my favorites! I would love you to post more of your style, because it is most like mine (although I adore all of y'all's)! I will defintely be praying for you and your family! Such exciting news with your CD! I didn't know y'all sang solos, but that is neat!
    Love,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that dress- especially the neckline. The wedges are adorable and and so is your hair!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Grace

    PS: quick random question- how tall are you girls?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the CD! That's a lovely dress. I usually don't like the hi-lo look, since most of them are strapless. I think the big ruffle on the bottom really makes it flow nicely and look really elegant. The weather here in Florida is pretty unbearable right now. Even though it won't cool off much for two more months, it may be a bit better in September, so I'm anxious to see the end of August go by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jessica, you look beautiful! I'm not a huge fan of the hi-low style, but with this dress, it just works. :) The whole ensemble just looks amazing on you. It might be my favorite of your three favorite dresses (although I love your picnic one too.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful, Jessica! I think you pulled off the high-low style wonderfully (this is actually my favorite type of dress). Also, congratulations on your first CD! I hope to buy it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So stunning, and I love the length, colors and ruffles, but the most beautiful thing about the dress is you! Blessings to you and your sisters, congrats about your CD!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! You look perfectly elegant in those pictures! I love that dress. It is so feminine and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look beautiful, Jessica! I love this dress. Congratulations on the CD, I can't wait to get my hands on one! ;)

    www.oohlalacakery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!