February 27, 2014

Outfit // Vintage Music Addict

Vintage-Music-1
One of the most interesting things about our girls' singing career is how addicted we are to vintage sheet music. Anytime that we walk into a vintage shop and spot a bin or box of music scores, we always beeline to it and begin digging through the collection of musty, delicate paper; printed so uniquely on the outside, holding myriads of possibilities for our singing career within.

Vintage-Music-4
Vintage-Music-6
Shirt, Belt, & Boots: Thrifted / Pants: Handmade / Vintage Music: Various Sources :)

Vintage-Music-3
Vintage-Music_0042
Vintage-Music-8
We have racked up quite a collection of old sheet music over the past several months! A few of my favorites are: "Three Little Sisters" (hmm... I wonder why ;), "Vict'ry Polka" (if you have Spotify, listen to the version by the Andrews Sisters & Bing Crosby! It gives you such a sense of excitement for the end of WWII!), and "Down by the Ohio". We'll have to share our entire collection with you sometime...

The covers of these vintage compositions are simply spectacular, in my opinion! Considering the limited capabilities they had at that time in regards to graphic design (no Photoshop to layer photographs, or Illustrator to compose the typography...), the music's artwork is really incredible! I think I would have a whole gallery wall of this music displayed, if I had my way :)

I don't really have much to say about the outfit I'm wearing in this post: printed pants, favorite shirt, scuffed brown boots... Yeah, not much :) Just a comfy outfit, perfect for everyday work around the house.

TTFN,
-Charlotte

13 comments:

  1. Super cute boots!
    I play piano was blessed to have a grandmother, mother and ggrandma who all play piano!
    I LOVE "means that you're grand" I'm unsure if I'm spelling this correctly but I think it's called bur Meir bidst du schane or something. Super fun to play!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! My sisters and I sing that song: "Bei Mir Bist du Schon"! How cool :) It was, as a matter of fact, one of the Andrews Sisters' top hits of their career; so of course we had to learn it ;)

      -Charlotte
      the blog designer + photographer

      Delete
  2. I loovve your boots! I used to have a black pair like them that used to be my mom's..but they fell apart from constant use. :( And your shirt is so cute! :)
    Blessings,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these look really nice! Perhaps I should start looking for vintage sheet music... I have never thought of it before. Love the outfit by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your outfit! Especially the print on the pants. I have a ring very similar to yours passed down from my grandmother (1956)! :-) Also, I really enjoyed the hope chest series. I didn't have a hope chest when I was younger, but I did have shoe boxes under my bed filled with "stuff", family keepsakes and memories to one day show and pass down to my own family. Lord willing I have girls, so I can introduce this concept to them! Thank you for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ya'lls new post you just posted on YouTube! Behind the scenes I believe the title was! It gives such a personal flare! Do you ever listen to the Lennon Sisters? I love them too! Especially their older songs. Mockingbird Hill and He Forgives. Their harmony reminds me of you three. They had such pretty clothes too!
    I meant to comment the other day on Bridget's post on Classy on Sunday and somehow I didn't get around to it. But anyway Bridget, you looked so darling and your words really touched my heart. I sometimes get sad too, so it's good to know that their are others that can relate and admit that.
    Blessings to all! Merry from, eachlittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! i'm the same way with old sheet music and records, too. You walk into a thrift store and i'm the kid sitting on the floor pouring through boxes and boxes of old music and records that are tucked under a table. and i have quite a stack to show for it, ahem, quite a large stack.
    It's amazing what you can find hidden away, some of the rarest records and scores i have found tucked between the most boring.
    Great pieces you have there, gals! I also adore those pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boots very much remind me of the ice skates we used to have... although those were white.
    (I was never very good at ice skating, although I liked the boots themselves, so I guess I would have appreciated a pair like that to wear and just slide on the ice in. :D)

    Sometimes I think all those graphic designs back then were as good precisely because they did not have so many options. As if they worked harder on them to make up for the shortcomings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute! It kind of looks like some outfits that are really in style now. Isn't it funny how fashion always seems to make a full circle?:)
    keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this outfit, Charlotte! Those boots are so cute.

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness! I love sheet music too! There are so many fabulous covers!

    I love your outfit! The colors are ever so nice on you!

    I have a question for you, dear designer, how in the world do you change the color of the comment section box! I can't seem to find it in the settings- is there a trick? I have a new summery header ready and would really love to get rid of that dingy purple that we have always had!

    thank you, thank you
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassie!
      I'll be looking into your query (hopefully) this week :)

      -Charlotte
      the blog designer + photographer

      Delete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!