August 3, 2013

Classy On Sunday // Tropical Lagoon and Merino Foam

Hello Dearies!
Today I have an outfit that I wore a few weeks ago to Church to share with you all.


That Sunday, I played piano for Service, thus requiring a certain type of outfit. I have a "list" of self-imposed requirements for my outfit when I play piano:
1. I have to be able to sit down in it without it puckering and bubbling all funny, since I am sitting in front of people who can see me, and plus it's distracting to have to worry about my appearance when I am playing piano.
2. I have to wear flat shoes so I can feel the pedal.
3. I have to wear a dress, or a skirt with a top that can be worn untucked, since I don't like having to worry about my shirt "billowing out" in back when I get up from sitting down at the keyboard.


Dress-Thrifted-Altered by me // Shrug-Gift // Necklace-Garage Sale // Earrings- ? // Flats-Payless Shoe Source //
 Watch & Ring-Gifts
So, I bought this dress last year to wear to a friend's wedding, but haven't worn it since, because... well... I'm actually not quite sure why! Anyways, I wanted to wear it for Church, but desired a bit more coverage on my arms, since I was wearing it for Church, and not a wedding (at which latter place, in my mind, for some odd reason, and perhaps hypocritical, I can wear this dress without a shrug. I don't know why I think that, but I do.), so I wore a shrug that we received in a gift box from a co-worker of Dad's. Turns out the shrug is 100% Merino Wool, but no, I was not smothering in it! I actually was quite comfortable; until our fellowship meal in the upstairs fellowship hall of our other Church building. That was stifling, on account of the fact that we have minimal air conditioning up there!

What have you worn to Church recently?
Do you play an instrument for your Church Service?
Do you have any self-imposed clothing "restrictions" when you play that instrument for service?

Have a blessed Lord's Day!

Brigid
The Middle Sister and Singer

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I certainly know what you mean about the right clothes for instruments.
    I play the harp, so my skirt has to wide enough for my knees to hold the harp, my shoes have to flat with preferably a small heel for navigating the pedals, and hair can sometimes get in the way of the harp's neck as well. I learned the hard way last year that I sound terrible when playing with boots! :(
    Your hair is so pretty! Is your hair naturally curly? How do you get it to frame your face so nicely?
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like harp clothing "requirements" are close to those of piano, except for the hair of course! (though, to be honest, I like my hair out of my face when I play piano, so that I don't have to brush it away with my hand while I'm playing. :)
      Thanks for the compliment on my hair! It is naturally curly, since I have it in layers, which helps it curl because there's not the weight of all my hair on top of each other. I don't really know how I get my hair to frame my face! I think it's because the way our hairstylist cuts it! :P
      All I do to it is scrunch it in my hands while it's still wet, and then I just let it dry, without brushing it anymore for the rest of the day.
      Maybe I should do a video of my hair routine... that would be interesting... hmmm... :)

      Blessings,

      Brigid
      The Middle Sister and Singer

      Delete
  2. lovely outfit! You look so pretty. I love that cut and style and hope to get the chance to sew one soon. I think I would wear it with a nice, delicate necklace too. It pairs so nicely :)

    Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so pretty! Love the shrug even more! I usually just do singing specials for our Church services, since I cant really play any instruments...thanks for your thinking about those kinds of things! It is important especially while being in front of everyone to be appropriate!
    blessings, Cassie

    calicoclodhoppers.blogspot.com
    A fun and modest blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, I play the piano, so longish skirt, flatish shoes, and pulled back hair are all musts for me! You look lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so lovely! I like the wrap effect and the fluidity of the fabric.

    No instrument here; I only sang in the choir twice. There's no choir now. And no special clothing requirements...

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!