October 16, 2014

October in the Golden Hour

October in the Golden Hour
Hello lovelies! Last Sunday I was itching to take advantage of the gorgeous colors of Autumn and the free time we girls had, so galavant down the road we did for a photo shoot. The time of day was when the clouds and sun are tuning themselves like an orchestra before a great performance, that performance being a glorious sunset. Sometimes I can't believe the photos that I actually take. I know that's something photographers aren't supposed to reveal, but seriously, when I look back at these photos that I snapped of my gorgeous models that I recruited sisters, I can hardly believe that I took them :)

This post would be severely lacking if I didn't give credit to my family's built-in models: Jess and Brigi! My heavens, if I didn't have those two out-of-this-world-gorgeous women who tirelessly don the red lipstick and huge, flow-y skirts and extravagant styles that I put them in, to photograph when I'm in a creativity itch, I don't know what I'd do! My photography would be nothing much to look at, that's sure :)

Anywho, enjoy the photos my dears, and don't forget to tell me which is your favorite, because I purely can't decide! ;)
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour
October in the Golden Hour

Before I go, be sure to check out Lilla Rose for a fantabulous Fall sale of 10-15% off the entire store until the 18th! Go and snag something pretty for yourself! :D
Lilla Rose Fall Sale!


xoxo,
-Charlotte

CREDITS // Author & Photography: Charlotte Boyer

52 comments:

  1. Sooooo pretty! I love the dappled, hewy, sun-hued pictures... ohmyword this is gorgeous! Well done, Charlotte, for the amazing pictures, and Brigid and Jessica- you girls have the most gorgeous smiles. :-D Pretty bunch of sisters! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and my favourite picture? The last one.

    I wish I could pin it. :-) This blog needs that 'pin' thing whenever you put your mouse over the picture. You know what I mean? This post needs it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these pictures!!! I don't know which one is my favorite; but the sweet sister pictures are top on the list :-) You did an awesome job Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't just pick one or a few....they are all amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooohhhh these are too beautiful!!! My favorite is the 1st picture, and the 9th. And all of them. :-)
    Lovely, amazing job Charlotte!!!
    I just did a fall photo shoot too, only I didn't have any beautiful sisters to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're an awesome photographer!!I love them all, but my favorites are the first b/w one of Brigid and the first b/w one of Jessica in the field. Oh, and the lighting in the 11th one from the bottom is just so soft and pretty. And I agree with Naomi, I would go crazy pinning if that 'Pin' thing were on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty! Charlotte, you are so talented and you have gorgeous models! My favorites are numbers 6 and 10... I have a soft spot for black and whites haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, Charlotte!! The lighting is absolutely amazing, and I love the poses! :)
    You girls have a great blog!!
    xoAchaia

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all gorgeous!! My favorites are the 1st one and the second to last one. Brigid's dress is beautiful-the colors look amazing on her. I just love the lighting and beauty in all these photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You girls look absolutely beautiful! Did you make the dresses? They are absolutely gorgeous! I love that style. Assuming you did make them, may I ask what pattern you used? :)
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanna! Thanks for your sweet comment :)

      Yes, we did make the dresses, and we used the vintage pattern 1028 from Simplicity.

      xoxo,
      -Charlotte

      Delete
    2. Hello there...I looked up 1028 Simplicity from the 50's but I'm unable to locate one with the three tiered skirt. Do you have a picture of the pattern envelope itself?
      Love it!!

      Delete
  11. These are absolutely breathtaking! The gingham + fields + golden light. . .it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Charlotte! What lens did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! Thanks for commenting :)

      I use a Canon 50mm 1.8/f lens :)

      xoxo,
      -Charlotte

      Delete
    2. Thanks girl! That lens is on my wishlist, I just haven't broken down and gotten it yet!

      Delete
  13. # 3 Looks like it was taken straight from Anne of Green Gables!

    #8 #18 and #22 are just gorgeous! Can you tell I'm having trouble picking a favorite?

    Great job, Charlotte!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness, Charlotte. i am IN AWE of your beautiful work. wow. this is professional grade photography here, gal, and is just as awesome as any of the professional model shot, ten thousand dollar equipment, national park photo shoot.
    i simply cannot begin to choose a favorite shot. i'll also be bookmarking this page for whenever i need more inspiration.
    you go girl!!!
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Abigail, you have to be one of the sweetest girls ever <3 Thank you so much for your touchingly sweet comment! It really encourages me in my work!

      xoxo,
      -Charlotte

      Delete
  15. Lovely photos Charlotte! You have a very good eye :) The golden light really gave everything a magical glow, I love the classic/vintage feel the pictures have as well.
    If I had to chose a favorite it would be.... 3, 11,13 - too many to say!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ladies, these are GORGEOUS images. Simply STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, wow- so gorgeous! Alex

    tobeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fantastic. I love the vintage look mixed with a natural, warm setting. I wonder, what camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginger!

      I use a Canon Rebel T3 with a 50mm 1.8/f lens.

      Thanks for your sweet comment!

      xoxo,
      -Charlotte

      Delete
  19. I love you girls vintage style!!! I sigh with delight every time I visit your blog. I think I had about five favorites =) I really like pictures where the sun is shinning from behind like a spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything about this post is beautiful!! The Ladies, the photography, the dresses! Lovely! Where did you get those dresses!? Did you make them? or buy them? Please let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Petra!

      The dresses are handmade using a 1950's pattern. Thanks for your sweet comment!

      xoxo,
      -Charlotte

      Delete
  21. That first picture of Brigid is probably my favorite. :) But all the pictures are lovely, Charlotte! (And I LOVE those dresses!!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favourite photos would be the first lot of the two of them together and also the black and white ones and the spinning ones..... and the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful work!! I love the black and whites of Brigid and the 3rd one of Jessica. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These photos really are stunning! Want to come take MY outfit photos in Montana? Surely it's not too far to do so! Haha!
    I really like the close up facial ones (always like those!) but they're all beautiful-the ladies and the photos.
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I would love to, though I do believe the drive would be a little far... ;D

      xoxo,
      -Charlotte

      Delete
  25. Anonymous10/16/2014

    All of your pictures are gorgeous!!!! Your sisters look beautiful.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Woooowwwww! These are incredible, girlies! I use the same camera and lens as you, so it's always so much fun to see the photos you produce! X

    Acacia x
    p-o-n-d-e-r-i-n-g.blosgpot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Acacia! How neat that we have the same gear!

      xoxo,
      -Charlotte

      Delete
  27. Oh, and the third photo is definitely my favourite -- it could totally win an autumn photography competition!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! You've outdone yourself Charlotte. And Brigid and Jessica are so lovely and autumnal looking. My favorites might be the first one of Jessica alone and and the last two of the girls together.
    ~Paige
    Sunday Best and All the Rest

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous10/17/2014

    WOW! These are fantabulous! My fave is the ninth one! But they are all stunning! You are very gifted!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  30. You two look so lovely! You guys remind me of Maria in The Sound of Music in her traveling outfit. All you need is a pert little straw hat and a guitar case. :P

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW I can't decide! :O I really can't! Beautiful pictures! You capture your sisters' beauty wonderfully!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness! These are beautiful! My personal favourite is the eleventh one, but they are all so lovely! Good job, Charlotte!
    (Please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed the ring on Brigid in the sixth photo. She's not engaged, is she? Is it just a purity ring??? :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, no that's not an engagement ring on Brigi's finger, simply a purity ring ;)

      Thanks for your sweet comment, Robin!

      xoxo,
      -Charlotte

      Delete
  33. Beautiful photos! I love their dresses! They are such pretty girls- with such pretty smiles!
    Blessings,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the red lips + plaid! You girls are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  35. THESE PHOTOS ARE STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, but I had to shout!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous10/17/2014

    so i seriously love all of them! you girls are so pretty!!!!!! and i love the dresses :) ( and your blog altogether :D ) ~ sadie 1cor 15:58

    ReplyDelete
  37. These photos are sooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh girls! Even though it seems that I am the last one to add my thoughts onto the end of such a beautiful post, I wanted to say not only are the two models beautiful on the outside, and Charlotte's talent of a perfect shot captured so gracefully, but just by looking at one of these pictures one can tell the very loveliness of your authentic beauty each one of you strives to cultivate. I thank our Heavenly Father for you each day. You are an inspiration and a blessing in my life.

    You make me smile,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  39. Pick a favorite?! How?! That seems impossible! Let's say...favorites. :) I love #s 1, 3, 7, 9, 10, 14, 16, and a few others best. (I think that's most of them.) #3, where Brigid is to the right in the photo, leaning against a tree trunk, would be just beautiful as a desktop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I think the golden hour does tend to have that effect on photographers - it just works some magic. Like here; it's fairy-tale-ish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gosh, these are some of the most gorgeous photos I've ever seen. So in love with them, Charlotte! Beautiful golden light in the fall is pretty much the best thing for a photographer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh- Oh- OH! Wow...these are so incredibly gorgeous and light filled- <3 and not only do you have a beautiful setting for your beautiful models- I really love your composition choices and delightful use of blurred foreground leaves 'n such! They add that special touch that makes it seem as if I'm right in the field with them!
    And the splendiferous rainbow sunflare! Eeeeeeeeee! *happyphotographersqueal* I have an 50mm 1.8 as well, but I haven't gotten quite as vibrant suflare as that! And speaking of lenses, you certainly could've fooled me into thinking you had a 1.4 lens on- that bokeh- ahhhh, it's a photographers' dream come true...
    All in all, lovely job Charlotte! =D
    Aye yi yi! I can't even pick a favorite...do you mind if I pin some of these? I already pinned the one's you girls added to your board- but now having seen the REST of them...*-*

    ~Jenny =)

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!