September 27, 2014

Classy on Sunday // Windy Day

Classy on Sunday // Windy Day
Hello ladies (assuming we are talking to ladies here ;)! By this time, we girls are in the thick of the Remembering WWII event that I blogged about on Thursday. Let me tell you, things down here are swell as can be, and we girls have a whole slew of posts recapping the event coming up soon!

Classy on Sunday // Windy Day
Shirt & Bracelet: The Clothes Mentor // Skirt: Handmade // Shoes: ThredUP //
Sunglasses: JCPenny // Earrings: F21
Classy on Sunday // Windy Day
Last Friday, we had a nice big shopping trip to Clothes Mentor, JCPenny, DSW, Sally Beauty Supply, Ulta, and then Piada for dinner (de. bomb.) I don't know, I just love a good shopping spree, carrying big plastic bags full of fashionable goodies and baubles! Ever since I was little, wandering through the big racks of clothing, peeking through the ladies' blouses that I now take with me to the dressing room; coveting Jessica's prime spot as the oldest, her getting all the new clothes and me only dreaming of the time in which I would have such a privilege. Yes, 10 years later I am still a shoppaholic :)

At Clothes Mentor I picked up three fabulous tops, one of which I am sporting in this post. I've always adored peter-pan collars, they're so classy and feminine, ya know? But for some reason I haven't had the courage to don such a sweet piece until I threw this top over my arm in the store, and then to the cash register to come home with me, after a successful audition in the dressing room. I am in love with this top! It's so different than anything I've worn, and yet it fits into my style like hand-in-glove.
Classy on Sunday // Windy Day
Classy on Sunday // Windy Day
Classy on Sunday // Windy Day
Oh, and if you want to get sunglasses, get them now! We stopped into JCPenny's for new hose (I think we girls should get the award for most 2' long runs in their hose), and walked out with our new stockings in tow, and three pairs of sunglasses tagging along in the rear. Jess picked up two spiffy pairs for $8 (total), and I picked up the one you see above for $4. Originally? $15? $18? Yeah, get 'em while the price is hot!
Classy on Sunday // Windy Day
Classy on Sunday // Windy Day
Classy on Sunday // Windy Day
Classy on Sunday // Windy Day
You'd think from my post title that I would be talking all about how ridiculously windy it was while Brigid was shooting me (ha!) Well, that part comes now :) IT WAS SO WINDY WHILE WE WERE SHOOTING, YOU GUYS! Thankfully though, I am the type that appreciates the dramatic effects of wind-in-your-hair, etc. that the breezes can provide in photos. Except, of course, when it looks like the wind is also blowing you away entirely (see above right.) ;)


Adventured with new clothing styles lately?

xoxo,
-Charlotte

CREDITS // Author: Charlotte Boyer; Photography: Brigid Boyer; Photos edited with VSCO Film Presets

10 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I really like the skirt. I have, in fact ventured a little out of my comfort zone with clothes lately..... I just bought my first maxi skirt! I'm a little on the short side- 4 foot 11 :)- so most maxi skirts were waaaaayyy too long- but I finally found one that fits! I got a lot of compliments on it- so I guess it looks okay!
    Blessings!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/27/2014

    You are so chic, Charlotte! I love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute top, Charlotte! I have been playing around with more preppy and classic clothing looks! Right now, I am in the process of refreshing my wardrobe. I have sold two to three bags of clothes to online thrift/consignment stores, and will sell some at a yard sale in a few weeks. Then, I can start looking for clothes that I like more and that fit better! :)
    Hope y'all have fun at the event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling outfit, Charlotte! I like your new top - it does fit your style! :)
    Oh dear, and I know exactly what you mean about runs in hoses. I'm fortunate if I can get more than one or two wears out of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your vintage style! It's so cute and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great ensemble! I always love it when I have a new outfit for Sunday. This Sunday, I wore my hot-off-the-sewing-machine, olive green maxi skirt. I paired it with my much-beloved chambray shirt, a wide brown belt, and a cute pair of orange flats that I thrifted. :) What skirt pattern did you use? It's cute- looks kinda 60s-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9/29/2014

    LUV this ensemble, Charlotte! so super cute. :)

    the top looks like it'd be so versatile!

    blessings, dear!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is ever. so. scrumptious Charlotte! For months now I have wanted to draft a Peter Pan collar and add one to practically every shirt I own without a collar! They are delightful!
    I can't say how much I love the fabric of your skirt. I've said it only to say it again- fabulous!!

    Blessings my dearie! :)
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great & classy outfit! I love this skirt of yours Charlotte! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this entire outfit!

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!