August 7, 2014

Tu-Lip Tulip Time

Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Hey all! We have a busy day ahead of us (including two singing engagements! Prayers would be appreciated :), but I wanted to stop in and give you a glimpse of our time in Holland, Michigan after we attended our friends' wedding in Kalamazoo. It was truly magical visiting the Dutch Village and the Windmill Island Gardens. We went round and round on the swings, Brigid and I rode a 1940's ferris wheel, and all of us simply devoured the delightful, peaceful, child-like surroundings. It was truly a fabulous time before we had to head back down to ol' Ohio.

The entire time I had the song "Tu-Lip Tulip Time" by the Andrews Sisters running through my head, so I thought why not let you have the same pleasure? Enjoy the music & photos!

Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
CHICKENIES!!!!
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Weee!

Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time
Tu-Lip Tulip Time

Have you ever been to Holland Michigan?

xo,
-Charlotte

CREDITS // Author: Charlotte Boyer; Photography: Charlotte, Jessica, and Kathy Boyer; Photos edited with VSCO Film Presets

9 comments:

  1. We've been to Holland, MI a couple of times, but I don't think I've seen those places before! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun. :) Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a pen- pal that lived there! If always thought it would be a neat place to visit. My friend hated tulips ( can you imagine that?) because they're so common there

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are SUPERB! and paired with the lovely strains of the Andrews Sisters, which we both love so well, it made for the perfect kind of experience, almost like a music video.
    thank you for sharing, this is wonderful.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is crazy! I stumble upon your blog last night via guest post you did on courtship and then today you blog about my hometown! Holland, MI is so very beautiful! Glad you enjoyed it!
    I follow you on pinterest as well! Beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! We have been to Holland thousands of times seeing as how we live 20 minutes away! ;-)
    It was so fun seeing you in a place we've driven past and been to a lot of times! If you ever visit again we just HAVE to set up a meeting! It's too bad you didn't visit the Dutch Markplaats at the Civic Center where we work all week! Maybe next year! Loved the photos!
    ~Rebekah for Calico Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I've never been there, but you make it appear simply darling and lovely so I'd love to visit some day! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/08/2014

    I have been there. And I live in MI.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8/18/2014

    So excited to see your post about Holland, MI. I live about 18 miles from Holland and make it over there a few times a year, at least once during Tulip Time in May. I work in Kalamazoo, isn't that a fun word to say! Thanks for your beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!