August 21, 2014

Healthful Beauty // Burt's Bees Lip Crayon Review

Healthful Beauty // Burt's Bees Lip Crayon Review
Hey all! Lately my schedule has been anything but peaceful and slow. I have begun to exchange my luxurious hours in front of the computer researching new beauty recipes and reading blogs, for text books, anatomy lessons, geometry, etc. And I am beginning to realize the effects of being a high-schooler: you truly are crunched on time! Thus my makeup routine has been anything but complicated. Simplicity & natural have been two key words stored in my makeup bags, and I have a lovely product to share that qualifies for both: my new Burt's Bees Lip Crayon!

Healthful Beauty // Burt's Bees Lip Crayon Review
Healthful Beauty // Burt's Bees Lip Crayon Review
I was browsing the Burt's Bees website a few weeks ago, in search of an inexpensive, healthy lip product to try, when I came across their freshly released lip crayon. I think I can claim love at first sight when my eyes lit upon the product. I already had a lip crayon from the Mary Kay@Play collection, and adored the easy use of such a tool. Now combine that experience with a healthier option, and I'm sold!

After researching several other's reviews on this product, I was surprised to find them rather, well, negative. Thus I began to question whether or not the crayon would be worth the purchase. However, during an indecisive moment at Target of what to purchase while browsing their healthy beauty isles, I came across the display of the crayons, and a $1.50 off coupon decided it for me. With Jessica's help in determining the color, I brought home the lip product in the shade Sedona Sands.

Boy-oh-boy, but Jessica does have a good eye! I tried on the crayon, and low and behold it was the perfect nude lip shade! Now those beauty gurus out their know that finding a perfect nude lip product can be essential for anyone's makeup bag, so you can imagine how elated I was to find that I (or rather Jessica) had accidentally discovered mine!
Healthful Beauty // Burt's Bees Lip Crayon Review
So now that you have the low-down on how I discovered the product, let's move on to the details and pros & cons!

APPLICATION: The consistency is waxy and smooth and a little thicker than lipstick. It is very easy to apply, and I like it that you have enough precision to make your lips look a little fuller if needed (this is great for ladies with lips on the thin/uneven side).

PROS: Subtle, gorgeous color; easy application, light-to-moderate creasing, moderately long-lasting, twist-up tube (no pencil sharpeners required!), moisturizing, tasteless (this can be a pro for some or a con for others. As long as it doesn't taste nasty, I count it as a pro :), all-natural ingredients.

CONS: Not very matte like advertised on the packaging, it has a slight shimmer to it.

Yep, not too many cons! So, either this lip crayon is so fabulous that you need to go get one right this second... or I am just super naive to the world of lip crayons lol ;)

I must warn you that the other bloggers who reviewed this crayon in all the shades said that the formulations are different for each one. This is just my review for the Sedona Sands color, and I adore it! I do have my eye on one of the reds for a WWII event that is coming up for which I want an easy, practical product for achieving the classic 1940's red lip. I suppose we'll have to see how that works out, won't we? :)
Healthful Beauty // Burt's Bees Lip Crayon Review
Overall, I would give this crayon a thumbs-up! If you are looking for an easy, healthy substitution for a nude lipstick/crayon, I would totally recommend you try the Burt's Bees Lip Crayon in Sedona Sands! I don't think you'll be disappointed :)
Lilla Rose Sale!
Before I go, I just wanted to let you know that Lilla Rose is having a nice big sale from now until the 23rd! 10% off their 15 newly-released items and 20% off their retiring styles. Go snag something!

Also, how could I forget the winner of the Anchors Away Flexi Giveaway?! Congratulations... Libby McCord! We have sent you an email :)

Have you tried the Burt's Bees Lip Crayon?
Any suggestions for future reviews?

xo,
-Charlotte

CREDITS // Author: Charlotte Boyer; Photography: Brigid Boyer; Photos edited with VSCO Film Presets.

12 comments:

  1. lovely! :) I'm always up for trying something new... maybe I'll have a peek at what my local pharmacy has regarding this. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, Charlotte! I had read several negative reviews as well when I first heard about the lip crayon. You've made me want to look into them again! Love Burts Bees tinted lip balm. Have you tried it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigid has a Burt's Bees tinted lip balm and loves it! She let me try it out once, and I adored it too. The texture and color pigmentation is lovely.

      Thanks for commenting!

      xo,
      -Charlotte
      the blog designer + photographer

      Delete
  3. Very pretty shade on you Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a superb color for you! Thanks for the review. :) I've never used a lip crayon before, but might have to try it some day; we have some Burt's Bees at our Target too.
    By the way, do you have one of your sisters photograph you or do you use a tripod? It seems that I remember in the past you said one of your sisters doing the photography for a post of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for the compliment Paige! You're the sweetest :)

      Yes, I am privileged to have sisters who are willing to photograph me! Brigid did the photography of this post and many of my others that feature photographs of myself. Put in short, she is my photographer of choice :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      xo,
      -Charlotte
      the blog designer + photographer (most of the time ;)

      Delete
    2. So very welcome! :)
      Well, Brigid does great work! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a big fan of Burt's Bees. Their chapstick is a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Burt's Bees! I just recently got their Cherry colored lipstick and it's the perfect 1940s inspired shade. I haven't tried their lip crayons...I'll definitely look at those. I'm so pleased, our local drugstore has a little Burt's Bees section that has a lot of their health/beauty products. My favorite Burt's Bees product is their little makeup removal towelettes. I have them in grapefruit scent and it is absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I've been wanting to try out the Burt's Bees lip shimmer in Cherry! I am glad that you informed me of its ingenious 1940's reminiscent shade ;) I have also been looking into face towelettes, only the ones from the Yes to Tomatoes line. We are going to be traveling quite a bit this Autumn, and the idea of an easy facial cleanser that you can quickly swipe your face with after a long day of travel sounds simply divine!

      Thanks for commenting!

      xo,
      -Charlotte
      the blog designer + photographer

      Delete
  7. Thanks for this review! I like the idea of this lip-crayon. Currently, I have a lovely tinted lip balm from Burt's Bees; Hibiscus is the shade. It, also, is a perfect nude lip color. It's hydrating and natural looking and prettily understated. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigid has that same lip balm in a similar shade and it looks so elegant and subtle on her! The perfect amount of finesse to an everyday/semi-dressy makeup look. I am growing to love tinted lip balms as well; they are so practical, easy, and healthy for your lips.

      Thanks for commenting!

      xo,
      -Charlotte
      the blog designer + photographer

      Delete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!