June 12, 2014

Singing // Our Fundraising Concert!


On Friday May 31st, we girls put on our first Concert to raise funds for a CD! After several weeks of preparation, practice, practice, practice... Did I mention that we practiced? Oh yeah, I did... Friday finally rolled around and we drove down to the old Sligo Gym we had rented for the event, and set up the many decorations as the clock ticked down to 7:00. People began to arrive, and we girls hurried to the back room to change. We opened the show with our rendition of the National Anthem, then sang our favorite a cappella bluegrass piece: Angel Band.

After that, we invited the band that we have been performing with for the past year, The Back in Time Express, up on stage and entertained the full house with bluegrass and old country tunes. Once the first half had ended, we girls again rushed back to the "dressing room" to change for the second half (yes! Costume changes! We were so excited!) while Mom busily sold concessions. We began the second half with our first and favorite Andrews Sisters tune: Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. The rest of the time we girls poured our hearts out into the 1940's hits that we entertained the audience with. The entire evening as a whole was absolutely phenomenal: the supportive crowd, the fabulous videos (thanks Joanna!), the clear, in-tune voices, the amazing connections that we made (and can't wait to materialize into something!), the generous amount of funds that we raised (!!!)... It was truly a work of God! Probably some of the most touching donations that we received came from a few of our neighbors whom we had invited to come, but couldn't make it, yet still contributed outside of the concert.

That time was such a huge motivation booster for all of us! To share with all of you who weren't able to be there, I have put together a promo video for our singing career that contains clips from the songs we performed. I hope to put up the full versions soon, so be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to receive updates!

xo,
Charlotte
for the singers

11 comments:

  1. you girls have beautiful voices! :)
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-beautiful-giveaway-beach-tote.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's great. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy and the Air Force song were my favorite. That would be awsome if you came out with a cd. I would definitely get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that was wonderful, girls! but i just have to mention real quick that when the apple blossom time song came on; perfect! it sen't chills running up and down my spine. so lovely!!
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was great, girls!! I loved it!! If u do come out with a cd I will totally buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6/12/2014

    Wow! Good job! How many people were in the crowd? Do you find large or small ones easier to sing to? Good luck with your up-coming career!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo-hoo! All the best, girls -- whatever you do I'm sure you'll succeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! You all are so talented. :) And I love your navy dresses, and I love all those tunes you sang, and...I loved everything. :) Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, WOW- you girls are so amazing!! I literally got chills watching this! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your successful event! Putting out your own CD is very exciting. I so enjoy your lovely voices (as well as your impeccable taste in vintage fashion)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, first record then? Exciting! Hm... would you put it up for electronic download, too?
    It's a very tentative question, because I have to think what I spend my money on and there are so many things I want; but then, what with things like shipping and so on, maybe that way it would be more affordable for more people like me, and perhaps easier for you as well!
    I'll have to watch that video again and see if I can recognise more songs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You girls are fantastic! Love the old classics. I'll definitely be buying myself a copy when you release your CD!

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!