February 24, 2014

What Happened After Christmas // Pt. 2

IMG_6210
You didn't think there would be a part two to the post that I wrote up about borrowing my friend's lens, did you? Well, neither did I, yet here we are :) Over the past months, I guess ever since I borrowed Joanna's 50mm, I've been slowly becoming more and more desirous of a large-aperture lens (aka, a lens that would handle low lighting really well), as so many of our shoots these days are indoors, and my kit lens wasn't cutting it to my complete satisfaction.
IMG_6252
IMG_6244
IMG_6239
IMG_6234
IMG_6233
 I had been trying to sell our old Nikon coolpix on eBay, to earn the money for a lens upgrade, and never got around to listing it again until a few weeks after no body bought it, and the listing time expired. Mom kept reminding me to re-list it, and I finally kicked myself into motion and re-listed the camera. Then, a few days later: Bingo! It SOLD :) With about enough money to buy this little 50mm beauty, I purchased it ASAP. I was constantly checking the shipping tracking, even though we do have prime and it was only two-day shipping… I was simply thrilled to get it! Just like last summer when I purchased my first DSLR :)
IMG_6299
IMG_6667
IMG_6679
IMG_6680
At last, the UPS man rumpled up our snow-covered driveway and handed me the wonderful little package I had been impatiently awaiting. I snipped at the packing tape, and revealed the most adorable little box of happiness a photographer like me could have. I clicked the tofu onto my plate (Brigid's eloquent analogy of my camera and 50mm lens) and I had heaven on a camera, pretty much. I am SO thrilled about my new addition to my (small) photography equipment family, and the adventures I'm going to have with it!

TTFN,
-Charlotte

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, Charlotte! Especially the stunning sunset photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, the second to last; love it!!! And your fluffy dog...and the paints, and the shot of the lemon balm! =)
    might I ask what kind of camera strap you have? Did you make it yourself?

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/24/2014

    Congrats on the new camera lens! I have a very simple camera . . . definitely not the kind you change lenses on! Still, I would like to start taking more photos. I would love to start a picture post series on my blog, but I have to take pictures first!
    God Bless,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! i just love to be inspired by others photography. what a treat to look through these pictures. Have fun with your new baby, Charlotte, I know just how you feel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I love the last picture and the raindrop one. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. N. Kelly2/24/2014

    That is so exciting! I have the 50mm 1.8 too and I absolutely love it! I'm sure you're going to have so much fun with it. :) I love the second photo and the one of the rain drops. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Best purchase I ever made was buying my 50 mm- it opens up a whole new world! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!