September 28, 2013

Classy On Sunday // Socks & Polkadots

IMG_9102 copy

Good day to you all! I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday! I certainly am. My family and I are planning on going to a local Apple Festival, and then going out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. Yum! Anyways, I thought I would share with you what I wore last week to Church.
IMG_9090
IMG_9091
Purse-Thrifted // Trench-Kohls? // Dress-Thrifted & Hand-Me-Down from Jessica //
 Socks-Target // Heels-Thrifted // Necklace-Gift
IMG_9100 copy
IMG_9098
cos-collage2

After buying some new casual length socks at Target the other day, I was inspired by this post from Wearing History to copy a 1930's trend of wearing shorter length socks with heels. And since I had altered this dress to have more of a late 30's vibe, the two ideas went together perfectly! The only down side to this outfit are the heels. They are SO cute, and in perfect unworn condition, considering they came from Goodwill, but boy! are they hard to walk in! You can tell I'm not used to wearing heels above 2-1/2 inches. :) And these aren't too much higher than that either! Well, I guess I'm just going to have to go through some more thorough High-Heel training, since I had to run to keep up with Charlotte, because it was so hard to walk in these. ;P
It was rather difficult to get these photos, since we were in the upstairs Fellowship hall of our Church, so Charlotte and I were constantly afraid someone would come in and interrupt our photo shoot. A few people actually did, *ahem* I should say, a few little people did. As I was beginning to take Charlotte's photos, a roaring noise, as if an earthquake was proceeding through the building, came rumbling up the stairs, releasing half a dozen jubilant children into the hall! They continued on their gleeful screaming, rumbling escapade until Charlotte and I told them to quiet down. I suppose there are some downsides to having all wood floors in a big building... Sounds echo! And I mean LOUDLY echo! But the little dears soon made their way back down stairs, and Charlotte and I were able to continue in relative quiet.

What are you going to wear to Church this week?
What did you wear last week?
Have any awkward things ever happened to you during a photo shoot?
Do you have any piece of clothing that you love, but find it hard, or uncomfortable to wear?

Have a blessed Lord's Day,

Brigid
The Middle Sister and Singer

7 comments:

  1. Hi Brigid, thanks for the outfit post! I know exactly what you mean about wearing heels any higher than 2 1/2 inches, all of my heels are 2 1/2 inches or so (and they are the perfect height, I love wearing them!!) but when you go any higher, wow, it's hard to walk! :P But I really like your shoes, anyhow - the Mary Jane heel style is pretty and classy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Those heels are beautiful!!! They look about the same heel length as one of my own favorites, a pair of hand-me-down t-strap heels, I can hardly walk but beauty is pain, right? Lol!!! The dress looks so pretty on you!!
    Www.Modestyismypolicy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Kalin that's right! ;P
      Thank you so much for your compliments too!

      Blessings,

      Brigid
      The Middle Sister and Singer

      Delete
  3. Love It! I know what you mean about the heel situation! ;) And yes I have a homemade (thrifted) high waisted, khaki skirt that I really like and for some reason I feel really uncomfortable in it..... :) I am planning on wearing brown, tan, and red tomorrow.......and I think the shoes that I am wearing you'll have! :) We will see come Monday...
    On another note, I really have enjoyed following you on Pinterest! Don't you just love that linen buttoned highwaist!? So ready to make it!
    ~Cassie
    calicoclodhoppers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Cassie, that skirt is just divine! Especially with the fabric covered buttons up the front! I have been dying to make a high waisted skirt ever since I saw a 1950's one. I just haven't found the right fabric yet... someday. :)

      Delete
    2. P.S. That last comment was from me, Brigid. ;P

      Delete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!