September 14, 2013

Classy On Sunday // Poppies and Hand-Me-Downs

IMG_6476
Hello Dearies! This time it is I, Brigid, here to share with you what I wore on Sunday a few weeks ago for church.

Boy! Did that last sentence sound stuffy! I suppose I just wanted to vary the way I introduced a post. Any tips on that? I dislike introducing every post the same way, ev-e-ry sin-gle time. Anyways, on to what I wore:
IMG_6484
cos-poppycollage
Hand-me-down T-shirt from Mom // Pearl necklace-gift from Jessica // 
Skirt -Thrift and Hand-me-down, refashioned by Mom // Shoes- Kohls // Earrings-Claire's
IMG_6480
I just love this shirt that Mom gave me! It's from Anthropologie. However, this shirt is a bit on the low side for me, but thankfully there is some eyelet at the neckline, which added a bit of modesty. Also, it fits so well that I don't have to worry too much about it gaping. As for the skirt, it is actually two skirts combined into one, both of them hand-me-downs from Mom. You see, the printed one was too short for me to wear comfortably (I just don't like skirts that hit above the knee), and Mom had another skirt, the pleated pink one you see peeking out from underneath, that coordinated perfectly, except for two things: It was too big in the waist, and it hit at the same length the poppy skirt did. SO, my wonderful re-fashioning mother redid the pleated skirt, making it longer by adding a yoke to the top, and replacing the original elastic waistline with a zipper. Thank you Mom! So now I can wear this skirt quite comfortably without any fear of immodesty. :)

What have you worn to church recently?
What do you plan on wearing this Lord's day?
Have you ever taken two pieces that were unwearable by themselves, and put them together and made them wearable?

Have a blessed Lord's day,

Brigid
The Middle Sister and Singer

3 comments:

  1. Such talent! You all amaze me. Wish we lived closer so I could come begging sewing lessons.

    Mrs. S :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the neckline of the top Brigid! It's gorgeous on you. By any chance is your color season winter or you can just pull off black even though you are not a winter? Either way black looks great with your coloring. I recently put two peices together I thought would not work for church yesterday. I wore a periwinkle blue 1940s style dress I thrifted last winter with a pair of grey ballet flats I would have never put with it and black leggings. I always thought that dress would not look good with the leggings layered underneath but I liked it and got a few compliments. God bless! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca! I, surprisingly, am more of a Fall when it comes to color seasons. So I really am not sure how I am able to pull off black... But I have certainly started to love it more this summer than I used to!
      I have begun to love experimenting with new looks too! It can be sort of scary at times, but once you figure out that it works, it's like, "Oh yay! A new outfit to wear!" *does happy dance in the background*. I used to just wear the same outfit, the same way every time, but now I have started pushing myself to find new outfits, and new ways to wear things, and I have grown to really enjoy it! Of course, my blog series "Finding Your Style" has helped out with that in no small way. ;)

      Blessings,

      Brigid
      The Middle Sister and Singer

      Delete

We enjoy your comments so much! But please, if you don't have anything nice to say, refrain from expressing it on our blog.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!