Hello everyone?
How has your week been? Mine has been filled up so much since the last Flower Parlor post, that I thought I wouldn't be able to get to make any bouquets with my friend Nellie this week! Not to mention come up with one for this post! Thankfully, I was able go over to her house yesterday. And take a look at the beauties we get to work with now! Aren't they spectacular?!
I was exclaiming to my Mom just last night of how blessed we are to be able to enjoy a few bouquets like this one every week now! Normally we don't get to see such exotic flowers until Mother's Day, Valentines Day, or else when my Mom's birthday comes around! It is on these occasions that my wonderful Father makes the commitment of buying my Mom a special bouquet. But now that I have been working with my new friend Nellie, a variety of flowers have graced our dining table every week for the past couple of months! It can seem a small blessing to some, but aren't we supposed to give praise to God for even the little things He does for us?
![]() |
| The Gladiolas are like graceful arms, extending their beauty to greater heights above the center of the arrangement. |
This was the first time I have ever worked with such lofty specimens such as Gladiolas. I must admit I was a little intimidated by them at first! They are SO tall, and their stems are a bit thick for my taste. Despite Nellies praise at my first attempted bouquets, I wasn't satisfied with them at all. Only until I began following the "formula" above, did I make any real progress arranging the Glads..
This glossy cluster of buds is known as Plumed Cockscomb. I absolutely love its velvety cousin, the regular Cockscomb, for its soft feel and over all luxurious look! At the moment I am tending my own patch of the regular cockscomb in our garden, and I can't wait for it to bud! When it does, I know I will be bringing it inside by the bunches to display all over our house. Yes. That is how much I love this flower!
What is your favorite flower(s)?
Have a good week in your gardens! And don't forget to thank the Lord for even the minuscule things!
Love,
Jessica
the eldest sister and singer







Those are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWe try to go to Market every week and buy some fresh flowers and it always makes me smile seeing fresh flowers on the table.
~Elina
www.ordinarydelight.blogspot.com