
Oooohhhhh!!! I am so super excited to share these photos with you all today! Charlotte did such a magnificent job making my senior photo-shoot so spectacular, it was hard narrowing down all the photos to just these few to share with you all! Do you want to see what I'm talking about?



This is my absolute favorite. Just the pose, the colors, it expresses so much about me. Joy, expectation, an open world, and all of it belonging to God.


We did two portions for the photo-shoot, one was actually in a field at the end of our road! Doesn't it look magical though? The second portion was in a cute little town near us, with an old bridge, a train station turned into the residence of a few shops, and, the best part, an old caboose!


Seeing this picture makes me feel so small! I mean, the whole train isn't even there, but it still looks huge!

At least it seems huge until you're up on the platform at the brake wheel, leaning out, pretending to watch the fields rush by as you gaze at the distant scenery.



The old train station was so neat! They had part of it set up with old artifacts, such as vintage luggage, weights, barrels, scales, etc. It made for the perfect back-drop!
Now, it's hard to believe that in less than a week, everything will all be over, graduation, school, and a new, and yet at the same time, old world will be here. Isn't it funny how these life milestones come along, and after them things don't really change. It seems as if up to that time God had been slowly bringing you up to the point where it didn't feel like such a big change. Well, at least it doesn't feel so big to me, because currently, I am not planning on going to college (shocker!!!). What am I going to do? Exactly the same things I've been doing over the past year, sewing, blogging, singing, by God's grace blessing my family and those around me. This year is going to be exciting, and I can't wait to see what the future holds! And to think I also have all of you to come along on the ride with me! Thank you all for being so encouraging, open, and uplifting through your lovely comments and emails! You make my day!
Which photo is your favorite?
What would you want your senior photo-shoot to be like?
Have you ever been up on an old train?
Would/is graduating from High-school (be) a big transition for you?
Have a blessed day!
Brigid
the Middle Sister and Singer
Love the photos! I think my favorite's are the ones with the train. So lovely!
ReplyDeleteThese are lovley! My favorites are: your fave, the one below it, and the one of you crossing the bridge with the hatbox, and the next to last. :)
ReplyDeletewow!
ReplyDeleteALL of these photos are PERFECT. the lighting and setting is wonderful and make these an absolute joy to see.
it i had to choose, i'd say the fourth picture from the bottom is my absolute favorite. you look just like a 1920s or 30s movie star in that one, no joke.
have a great day and congratulations on your graduation!
~Abigail
Oh my word these are all so beautiful! Love the photos <3
ReplyDeleteI love that dress! What a wonderful set of photos. My favorite is the fourth from the bottom. Congratulations on graduation. I think it's a good thing to hear more people choosing to not go to college or at least to put it off awhile. The atmosphere at the colleges has been getting worse for quite some time, so I think it's not surprising that people are starting to examine other options.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love Charlotte's photography style! The settings are splendid!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for your graduation! Yay!
Make sure to share your special day with all of us!
I admire pictures #2, 4, 7, and 9 the most!
Like your shoot, I would love to have warm colors and vintage loveliness seeping through!
While in WV on a little Mission Trip, I visited an antique, restored train stop. Such a neat place!
I feel so much as you described about graduating this year!! You wrote my thoughts friend! :)
love,
Cassie
You've got such a classic beauty.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I love the bridge picture and all the train pictures! I'm graduating this year too (the party isn't until June, though - besides, I have Algebra 2 still to finish...)! I get to take some Senior pictures with a friend on Wednesday. =)
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've commented before - if I have, I forgot, so: I've been reading your blog for a while, and I've really enjoyed it. =) I'm just not a good commenter, anywhere. =P
~Esther
These are wonderful photos! The back drops are so fun. My favorites are 2nd from top and 2nd from bottom. I love the dress you wore Brigid.
ReplyDeletem Congratulations on graduating! I too am graduating this year. Hurray for being in the class of 2014! No, graduating isn't a big transition for me. Really nothing in my life is going to change as a result except the goal. Up until now the goal has been to finish HS, now it will be college. I still look at it as a major milestone though!
Absolutely breathtaking! My favorite is the one of you in the train looking off into the distance :) I have few questions for Charlotte, if you don't mind! What f-stop where you shooting at and did you use the auto focus or did you manually focus? The reason why I ask is because these are so crisp and clear! You did a fabulous job and have inspired me to get out and shoot some people shots! ;)
ReplyDeleteHi Rosi,
ReplyDeleteI believe my aperture ranged from 2.0-2.5, depending upon the shot. I sharpened them a lot afterwards (gasp! Now the secret's out ;).
I'm glad I could be of inspiration to you!
Thanks for commenting,
-Charlotte
the blog designer + photographer
so beautiful! charlotte did an incredible job photographing you! xx
ReplyDeleteThese are all amazing photos! I especially love the one of you running off into the field:)
ReplyDeleteI am also not going to college so it is very encouraging to know that I am not the only one:)
Blessings!
~Hannah~
The last two are my favorites. All are just lovely. Great dress and back grounds to go with your lovely self. :)
ReplyDelete